Friday, September 2, 2016

A Look Into My Life

Hi y'all! For anyone who does not know, my name is Montana. I was born in Summerville, South Carolina, where most of my family still lives, but relocated to Bessemer City, North Carolina when I was very young so my dad could follow work.

I have always considered South Carolina as my home and could not be happier to attend College of Charleston. I plan to study Business Administration with a concentration in entrepreneurship, and if time allows a minor in sociology.

Personal picture of how I revealed my college of choice.


I went to an unconventional high school called Gaston Early College; this school offers a college education along with normal high school courses. At GECHS I was part of our BETA Club chapter as President and Secretary in different years, I was Business Manager for our Yearbook staff where I made business ads and had to be in embarrassing promotional videos, I was also a part of the Student Ambassadors which helped bring upcoming freshman into the school.

My school was a big part of my life for five years and I miss it so very much along with the friends I left behind in North Carolina.


In North Carolina, I worked as a bakery assistant for the wonderful Cake Me Away Bakery where I did everything under the sun. I became assistant cupcake baker, head customer service, and head bar and cookie maker in the company. As stressful as all of it sounds, I would not give up the experience for anything. The lessons I have learned at the bakery have shaped my adult life to make me a harder worker, determined to see my successes, and more patient with people. I also cook a variety of savory foods which benefited the restaurant the company owns as well.

A picture of an event the bakery has done that I delivered and set up.


I want to own a dessert based food truck with my best friend. We both worked at the bakery and study business administration; our partnership was destined. I look forward to making so many new friends here at The College, including my new roommate from Japan!

There is so much more about me that just would not fit into this blog post; if I have left anything out please ask me in person! I love to meet new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment